for leading in a culture requiring agility, flexibility, and a performance environment of constant change
(3-day intensive leadership development workshop. Find a date and location near you.)
Leadership skills, capacity, agility, self-awareness, self-discipline and impact increase by taking a time out
….to reflect about, think about, and talk about leadership.
Leadership in past decades focused on leading so that people will follow. In many organizations, this is no longer enough for business and organizational success. Job roles, responsibilities and increased accountability have changed, requiring an increasing number of people to be competent in leadership skills to get their jobs done satisfactorily. Formal leaders need their people to step fully into their responsibilities, requiring people to exhibit their leadership to do so.
You are invited to join us in taking a time out to learn, share, explore, and develop ideas and experiences about leadership. You are invited to share your challenges, ask questions, learn, experience, develop clarity, and step into greater capacities of leadership.
You will have the opportunity to:
- develop your leadership skills and capacity in a learning environment that uses sound adult learning practices, is invitational throughout the process, and provides practical tools and guidance.
- explore, discover, ask questions, and develop personal awareness.
- be challenged to making a commitment to the self-discipline that you choose for carrying out your leadership.
- develop your own clarity of what matters to you regarding leadership and what it means to you to nourish a culture of leadership….in your organization, small or large enterprise, your activism, team, community, or church.
Master teachers Birgitt Williams and Ward Williams of Dalar International Consultancy and founders of the Genuine Contact™ program are committed to developing leaders to have the knowledge and capacity of leading in a way that nourishes a culture of leadership, so that people throughout the organization will lead to produce the desired and sustainable high levels of performance needed for success in today’s marketplace. They believe that leadership development is some of the most important work on the planet at this time.
Join Birgitt and Ward and experience the combination of guidance and freedom to develop your own clarity about leadership that is uniquely yours, receive encouragement, reassurance, hope, and the creation of practical next steps for immediate implementation.
The performance environment for leaders has changed. As a leader, your successes are, in part, determined by how you’re able to adapt to this new and ever-changing performance environment. Developing leaders so that people will follow no longer results in the desired high levels of customer service, productivity, efficiency, engagement and care that organizations of all kinds want and must have in order to thrive in these times of rapid change and instant communications.
Developing and nourishing a sustainable culture of leadership is hard work at first, until the capacity of the leader increases. As one of the highly successful leaders that Birgitt and Ward have worked with said ‘this kind of leadership is hard, much harder than I ever thought it would be’. And she also said ‘it is due to this kind of leadership that we have had successes that superseded all expectations within our organization and by our stakeholders’.
In this workshop, you will be invited to consider what these concepts mean personally and globally:
- extraordinary leadership
- leadership as a verb
- nourishing a culture of leadership
Birgitt and Ward will:
- Introduce you to the basics for nourishing a culture of leadership
- Challenge myths about leadership development and about leadership
- Teach about the essential dance between chaos and order that leaders need to master
- Demonstrate how to bring responsibility and accountability alive throughout the organization
- Address whole system thinking to achieve a flexible and agile organization
- Work with you to develop a clear framework for your leadership so that the individuals within your organization can work effectively with minimal supervision, and can safely participate in finding and implementing solutions that will lead to increased achievement for the organization
- Work with you to clarify the next steps in your leadership to create the impact that you wish to (or must) create